*This post may include amazon links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases..
Baseball season, well, really any sport season, brings its own set of chaos to any family! My kids don’t do winter sports other than working out and prepping for the season ahead, so we go from very little to OH SO MUCH in a very short period of time. Here’s a list of 10 Must Haves for your Car for Baseball season–things you won’t regret having on hand AT ALL TIMES to just make things a little easier and to be a step ahead of the game!
10 Car Must Haves for Sports Season
- Trash Bags! First and foremost, have trash bags on hand. I keep some grocery bags and actual large trash bags in my glove compartment at all times. These are good for games when they walk to your car with muddy feet or are covered in dirt! Always have trash bags ready in a pinch! These are also great for tournaments when kids are snacking between games and you need a place to throw all the trash! If you want to get really fancy, you can also grab one of these car trash cans for some added protection in vehicle!
- Blankets. Always have a heavy and light blanket on hand for your vehicle. We use the lighter blankets to create shade or to sit on at games for our other kids. We use the heavy blankets to stay warm on days when we didn’t expect it to be cold out! This is a great waterproof blanket to keep in your car, it’s waterproof and warm and easy to store!
- Bottled Water. I can’t tell you how many times having a case or at least several bottles of water stored in my car has come in handy! Kids forget water bottles or run out of water and you’re ready to go! Storing a small collapsible cooler in your car is also a great way to always have a way to keep things cool!
- Snacks! Too many times now I’ve found myself at the ballfield with no snack stand in site and a game that’s running longer than expected! We rounded up a great list of ballpark snacks but it never hurts to have a snack box like this on hand for those times when you or your kids need something to hold you over!
- First Aid Kit. I’m a coach’s wife, so I know all too well the need for a first aid kit for the team, but you also never know when you’ll need it for your family. Keep some bandaids and simple medicines on hand like ibprofen, tums, and allergy meds. Ice packs are also good to have on hand. Here’s a simple First Aid Kit option for your car.
- Portable Device Chargers. All too many times my phone or my daughter’s phone has ran out of charge by the end of a baseball game or tournament. I always try to keep a portable charger on hand for emergencies. Nothing is worse than a bored sibling at the field! I also have a list of must haves for baseball sisters!
- Umbrella. Don’t leave home without an umbrella! I’m not only a baseball mom, but also a soccer mom and I keep an umbrella in my car at all times! If you want to be extra prepared, also keep a poncho or some other type of waterproof cover in your car, as well.
- Napkins or Wet Wipes. Too many times now I’ve been stuck at a ballfield in desperate need of something to clean things up with. I store napkins and wet wipes in my car now to have on hand for those times when you just need to clean up!
- Sports Chair. I keep my sports chair in my car at all times during the season. It’s an item we don’t leave home without! Here’s a full list of our favorite sports chairs!
- Random Items. Here’s a few other things you may want to consider keeping in your car just in case: sunscreen, bug spray, chapstick, pony tail holders, towels, hard candy and more. Here’s a great list of what to keep in your purse or bag!
Did we miss anything? What are your go to’s or must haves for your car during sports season? Share your stories and thoughts with us in the comments below!
You May Also Like…
- What to Keep in Your Baseball Mom Bag
- 10 Baseball Mom Must Haves
- Gift Ideas for Baseball Moms
- Baseball Terms Every Baseball Mom Should Know
Pin it for later…