*This post may include amazon links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases..
We busy moms need quick meals for game nights. One of my favorite go to’s for an easy dinner idea for sports moms on the go is this easy Crockpot Salsa Chicken recipe. Throw it in the crockpot before work or at lunch time, let cook, and be ready for a quick dinner on the go before you head out the door. We even show you how to make this meal in advance and take it on the go with you for tournaments and double headers!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Here’s why we love this recipe:
- It’s a great weeknight meal idea
- Perfect to pack for baseball games or next day lunches
- It’s an easy dinner recipe for busy baseball moms on the go
- Only three ingredients + toppings
- Perfect crockpot dinner idea
- My favorite slow cooker supper recipe
Start by gathering your ingredients:
- black beans
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
Place salsa, black beans, and cumin in a crockpot and stir to combine.
Nestle the chicken breasts into the salsa mixture and cook on high for about 4 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Remove chicken from the crockpot and shred, then return to crockpot, and stir to combine. Serve with rice and recommended toppings.
We also recommend packing up your taco bowls into mason jars for meals on the go or busy game days! Just layer your ingredients with rice at the bottom, salsa chicken, and then your toppings on the top. Bring a tupperware dish and serve on the go or in the car.
Literally, dinner doesn’t get much easier than this, friends!
Grab the recipe below…
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- Add the salsa, black beans and cumin to a 6 qt. crock pot and stir to combine.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the salsa mixture and cook on high for about 4 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred, return to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice and desired taco toppings.
You May Also Like…
Pin it for later…